Book Tickets Online
The Danny Boy Charms and Clans Experience with Mussenden Sea Salt
Meet local kinswoman Claire O’Kane, a native of the Causeway Coast and ‘Descendent of Cahan’, a powerful Clan, whose ancestors are interwoven into the fabric of the Causeway Coast.
Psychologist, historian and natural born storyteller, Claire proudly shares her passion for her home place, a land abundant in myths and legends including the origin of one of the world’s most recorded melodies, Danny Boy. According to legend this famous melody was composed in the 17th century by Rory Dahl O Cahan, an ancestor of the O Cahan Clan and was passed via oral tradition to an English composer.
Walk with Claire through this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) as she shares her deep connection to this land though stories, myths and local folklore. Forage for the food of the clans and taste delicious wild berries when in season. Hear the melody of Danny Boy filter through the wind as the ancient and modern world connect in this very special experience.
Take a memento of decorative Danny Boy Words home with you to cherish along with your memories of this special experience.
· Location | Roe Valley County Park | Binevenagh | Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
· Claire O’ Kane | Descendant of the O Cahan Clan | natural storyteller | local food expert
· Danny Boy | world renowned melody | passed through the clans | Rory Dahl O Cahan
· Food & Drink | food foraging | menu of the old clans | wild cooked meal | grazing table
· Wellness | wild experiences | living landscapes | nature exploring |spirit soaring
· Landscape | tranquil river walks | natural beauty | stunning cliff walks
· Historic Sites | ancient wells | castle ruins | historic Ireland connections | Ogham stones
· Storytelling | Irish mythology | local stories | ancient wells and clan traditions
Contact Claire O’Kane
T: + 44 (0) 7437054169
o Scheduled experiences run one Saturday per month. Check website for upcoming dates and booking details www.mussendenseasalt.com
o Private experiences are available subject to availability. Please note that minimum numbers of 10 apply or minimum charges.
o 1 complimentary child (aged 12 and under) place for each paying adult. A food supplement of £10 applies.
o Additional food options are available for private experiences.
o Bring a waterproof coat and wear comfortable clothing/footwear.
o Bring water, a light snack and sunscreen.
o A car park is located at the starting point. Parking available for up to 50 cars.
o Coach parking available.
o Routes can be adapted for wheelchair users.
o Zero impact on the landscape
o Supporting the local economy
o Preserving our culture