Cushendun is a small attractive village off the A2 Coast Road between Cushendall and Ballycastle.  Managed by the National Trust it is best known for its unusual Cornish style cottages (the work of Clough William Ellis between 1912 and 1925).

The ruins of Castle Carra stand in a field above Rockport House at the north end of Cushendun Bay.  This was a 15th Century MacDonnell stronghold.

There are delightful walks along the Glendun River to Glendun viaduct, a most impressive structure built in 1839 by the world renowned English Architect Sir Charles Lanyon of the 19th Century.

Cushendun Caves were used for one of the more infamous scenes in the Game of Thrones® TV Series.