Book Tickets Online
Experience an Alpaca Farm Walk and Dusk Picnic with North Coast Alpacas
Take an alpaca on a guided leisurely trek to the summit of the Lyons family farm. Get up close with these curious animals, grab a cuddle and feel the softness of their popcorn scented fur. Have fun, take a selfie and fall in love with these captivating creatures. Hear interesting insights and fun facts while enjoying the fresh county air and the grass beneath your feet. Be rewarded with spectacular panoramic views of Slemish, Inishowen, Malin Head, the Skerry Islands and beyond. Enjoy a specially prepared picnic of local food and drink in the company of alpacas as the sun sets beyond the mountains and the sea mist rolls in.
The Lyons hillside family farm is set in the most beautiful, idyllic location with panoramic views across land and sea. This rural retreat is home to Jonny, Cheryl and their 3 children, who are the 5th generation of dairy farmers to live and work on this land. It was Jonny’s love of animals that led to the addition of five alpacas to an already large herd of Holstein cows. Jonny and Cheryl now welcome visitors to their farm to spend time with these unusual and engaging creatures. Guided by a member of the Lyons family, learn how to approach the alpacas, how to give them a cuddle and how to walk them. Take time to bond with your alpaca friend, grab a hug and feel the softness of their popcorn scented fur. See their unique personalities shine through while listening to interesting facts, stories and quirks. Have fun, take a selfie and fall in love with these captivating creatures. Every visitor leaves with a smile and new found understanding of one of nature’s most unusual and cherished animals.
• Location | rural location | under 5 minutes from the seaside town of Portrush | 1 hour from Belfast
• Lyons Family | multi-generational farming family | deep connection with the land, herd and alpacas
• Alpacas | quirky addition to the Holstein cow herd | friendly and affectionate | individual personalities
• Trekking | walk with the alpacas | fresh, clean air | lush countryside | ever changing landscapes
• Therapeutic | wellness benefits | hands on | spending time with the fluffy boys | engage the senses
• Surroundings |breath-taking setting marrying the sea, mountains, green fields and moody clouds
• Dusk Picnic | delicious supper | seasonal treats | supplied by a local deli | specially selected
• Alpaca Shack | visit the on-site shop | selling fun souvenirs | adjacent to the Alpaca paddocks