AboutAn Caisleán Guest House is the perfect place to stay on the Irish North Coast. Ideally situated between Ballycastle sea front and the town centre and five minutes walk from all local amenities, including a great choice of seafood restaurants, cafés and traditional Irish bars.
This tastefully restored period "gentleman's" residence offers seven individually decorated rooms. All rooms (under the An Caisleán name) bookable on our own website have private (en-suite) bathrooms.
This residence is within easy walking distance of the beach (with great views of Fair Head and Scotland), tennis, golf, a private gym and the Rathlin Island and Campbeltown (Mull of Kintyre, Scotland) ferry. Why not join a local early morning sea-swimming group? - that's our local swimming pool! Other popular attractions are: 16 km from Giant's Causeway, five kilometres from Rope Bridge, seven kilometres from Torr Head (nearest point to Scotland), 18 km from Bushmills Distillery, 20 km from Royal Portrush Golf Club.
An Caisleán Guest House offers private parking including secure parking for bikes and storage facilities for outdoor enthusiasts.
An Caisleán Guest House
- is just off the Causeway Coastal Route for self-drive motorists,
- is 2 minutes walk from Ballycastle's main bus stop (Marine Corner) for public transport users
- is on Cycle Route 93 (and a stone's throw from the Campbeltown (Scotland) ferry) if you are taking a bike tour)
- and is at the end of both the Moyle Way and Causeway Coastal Walk for walking enthusiasts.
Claire and Berkeley will be happy to recommend other walks, bike rides and self-drive tours.
Polish, French and (a little) German are spoken. A Japanese speaker may also be in residence (when he is not in Japan).
We at An Caisleán aim to make your stay in Ballycastle a relaxing and refreshing experience.
Evening meals are available to guests with prior notice given.
- Restaurant on Premises
Children & Infants
- Cot & Highchair Available
- Laundry Service
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- All major credit/debit cards accepted
- Euros accepted
- Family Room on request
Room / Unit Features
- Hairdryer Available
- Ironing Facilities
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- TV In Bedrooms